Costa Rica Company Formations
To incorporate an Srl in Costa Rica we submit the notarised documents to the Registro Publico; this will start the process of registering the company and obtaining the corporate identification number.
Costa Rica Incorporation – Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada (Srl)
The Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada (Srl) is an alternative to the Sociedad Anónima (SA). SA’s require three directors, President, Secretary, Treasurer and two shareholders.
Srl’s are simpler to operate and only require one director and one shareholder.
|Costa Rica Incorporation fees||Costa Rica Annual fees|
|Company Formation: £1380||Registered Office: £950|
|Registered Office: £950||Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance: £175|
|Government fee: US$200||Government fee: US$200|
|Corporate Tax: US$130||Corporate Tax:US$130|
|Company Secretary recommended: £400||Company Secretary: £400|
Srl Company Registration
We offer a complete incorporation package in Costa Rica that includes:
- We confirm the availability of your new company name and reserve it with the Registro Publico
- Appoint the Directors
- The Articles of Incorporation (certificacion Literal) are notarised by a Costa Rican notary public
- Issue your notarised “certificado de personaría jurídica” which confirms the existence of your company and lists who has signature authority
- Legalisation of the company books which takes place at time of incorporation
- Payment of Government fees
- Publication in Costa Rica’s legal newspaper, La Gaceta
- Register the incorporation with the Registro Publico
- Registration of the company tax number takes place at the same time of incorporation
- Registered Office and Registered Agent service
- Issue of Share Certificates
- Receive from the Registro Publico your “cédula de persona jurídica” – similar to a company registration number, this will allow your company to start trading
- All documents and certificates supplied
Company Formation Requirements
In order to register a new company, the notary will publish the details in Costa Rica’s legal newspaper, La Gaceta. The announcement of the company’s formation must appear for a total of eight days.
A Costa Rican company name must be unique and approved by the registry prior to incorporation. We will check the availability of your proposed company name and reserve it with the Registro Publico. The company name may be in English, provided it is accompanied with the corresponding Spanish translation.
Costa Rica Company Directors
Only one director is required to incorporate your Costa Rica Company with no restriction placed upon nationality.
Costa Rica Company Shareholders
Only one Shareholder is required for your company. There are no restrictions placed on nationality or residence.
Ultimate Beneficial Owners – UBO
All companies are required to disclose the details of the Ultimate Beneficial Owner to the Transparency and Final Beneficiaries Registry (Registro de Transparencia y Beneficiarios Finales).
The personal information of the ultimate beneficiaries such as, contact information, passports, capital, type of shares and number of shares is required.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
There is no minimum Share Capital for a Costa Rican company, we incorporate with an authorised capital of CRC10,000 (£14).
Articles of Incorporation
The Articles of Incorporation are notarised by a Costa Rican Notary Public, submitted to the Registry who will issue an official entity registration card number (cédula jurídica) and assign registration entry numbers (citas de inscripción).
Company minute books are required for Costa Rican Srl’s. The legalisation process of the books takes place at the same time as incorporation. The books are registered with the Registro Nacional de Republica de Costa Rica.
Registered Agent & Registered Office
All Costa Rican Srl’s must have a Registered Agent and Registered Office which we will arrange .
Company Tax Number
The registration of the company tax number as corporate ID takes place simultaneously with the incorporation.
Srl’s that do not carry out business activities in Costa Rica, are not subject to taxation.
Costa Rica Gambling – Data Processing License
The following is required in order to obtain a Data Processing License:
- Incorporation of a Costa Rican Srl
- Registered Office confirmation
- Employee risk insurance policy
- Inspection from the Municipality
- Ministry of Health Permit
- Registration of employees with the Caja Costarricense del Seguro Social
- Grant Power of Attorney to the Agent in order for the license to be processed
All of which will all be handled by our agent.
Cost and Time Frame
- Cost of Data Processing License for the first year start from US$6750
- Time to obtain a Data Processing License is approximately 6 weeks
Costa Rica – Ready Made Companies
We have ready made Costa Rica Srl’s that have never traded and are in Good Standing.
- All our ready made companies are Private Limited Companies (Srl)
- Company Books are legalised with Registro Nacional de Repbublica de Costa
Ready Made Procedure
Each company purchase includes the following legal documents:
- Articles of Incorporation.
- English translation of the Articles of Incorporation.
- Extract from the Public Registry with the registration information and the current representatives of the corporation (serves as certificate of incumbency, certificate of good standing and certificate of incorporation).
- Share Certificates
- First Minutes of the Board in the Legal Books.
- Corporate ID issued by the Registro Nacional de Republica de Costa Rica